Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Catching up


In between getting the apartment settled and jumping into a huge new work project, I managed to finish my mother's day present. Better late than never, right?


Yarn: Handmaiden Camelspin (50/50 camel/silk) - one skein
Needles: size 6 for the body and size 8 for the applied i-cord bind-off
Size: I worked 23 edging points before the final chart. I didn't measure, but the long end of the triangle is around 5' long. 


Once you get past the first chart, this is a very straightforward knit (the shawl is worked bottom up from that bottom point). When I was in between work projects and had plenty of time on my hands, I found the main part of the shawl a bit boring. That said, as soon as work picked up again, this project became a relaxing break. 


I can't say enough good things about this yarn. The drape is fantastic and the color just glows. 





That's all for now. I've got a couple more knits that are almost done - I just need to take care of the ends and snap some pictures. Hopefully I'll have more to share later this week.

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

That's so pretty! Camel/silk sounds divine!

Sel and Poivre said...

Isn't it funny how life circumstances can so affect how one views the exact same knitting project week to week? It feels at times like we're knitting with our brains while at others with almost disembodied hands!

That orange colour is so wonderful with that blue!

Jennifer said...

It's beautiful! I love the added color contrast with your t-shirt. I bet she'll love it.

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I really like that shade of orange.

I saw that you had Kerrera marked as 100% in your Ravelry project page...so looking forward to seeing the completed sweater! I actually broke down and bought some yarn for that project today...sort of a congratulations to myself for being done exams. Can't wait to start it!

Jonah said...

Very pretty! It looks soft, too. And what a nice view in the background.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely Love Orange and that shade is stunning. Nice job. Hoping to become more advanced with my knitting this summer and break away from blues and greens which I'm partial to :)