Sunday, November 21, 2010

My first pattern!

I finished another scarflet a few weeks ago and haven't posted about it until now because I've been working on the pattern, too.


This one was worked with a single skein of Handmaiden Casbah on size 4 needles.

A while back Rachel had asked what I'm planning on knitting for holiday gifts this year. The short answer is "not a lot" - actually, I'm "outsourcing." But more on that later.

Anyway, I thought I'd offer you all a little pre-holiday gift instead: my first pattern.

Larch is a quick and easy little neck scarf that can be worked in a single skein of fingering or sock weight yarn.

I've linked to the ravelry pattern page because that's where I've posted the pdf. If you're reading this in a feed reader, the link is also available in the right sidebar on the main page of this blog.

I'd love to post the pdf here (or on google docs), along with a thumbnail pic. So, for those of you out there with more blogger/techie skills than I have, here are a couple of questions:

  1. How do I post a pdf on blogger?
  2. How do I put a thumbnail picture in the sidebar that links to the pattern? (I'd love something like the right-hand pattern list here)
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Jonah said...

I'm very proud of you & your new pattern. That scarflet has been really pretty in all of its various incarnations, I'm glad you're sharing!

Rachel said...

Love your pre-holiday gift! Was wondering when this was going to be available. Of course it won't be a pre-holiday knit...to many other things to get done! I'm not supposed to be buying yarn but I'm sort of wanting to copy your yellow version!

Jacey said...

Love it! I will definitely add this to my queue. It's so darling, and green is really your color. Thanks for sharing!

Patti said...

thanks for sharing this lovely pattern! I love Free patterns and ones that use only ONE skein of yarn! Can't wait to start it, but holiday knitting for kids is in the queue right now

Unknown said...

how cool! Congratulations on your first published pattern. :) Outsourcing knitting? Doesn't sound right, so I'm intrigued.

Anonymous said...

Love Larch. I will definitely put it in my queue. I love the green color too -- so appropriate for those lovely trees. Nicely done!

Saro said...

Seriously? I just went to the LYS with a Larch on (the Starry one) and think I converted a "I only do garter scarves cause I suck" knitter to a "hey, I think I'll try this" knitter.

Unknown said...

Thank you! You did a great job! This is the perferct size and design. I will make several of these. Again, thanks for sharing your wounderful talent with us.