Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fall Sweaters

Has it really been almost two months since I last touched the blog? It's been snowing this week and I realized that I had better share some fall sweater pics before winter fully arrives and the leaves in the background look completely out of place.

Sprout has been sporting a bevy of hand knits this season, only one of which is not a hand-me-down:


The pattern is the delightful Wee Wildflower, worked in MadelineTosh pashmina (a truly fantastic yarn). I don't recall what size I worked - probably 12 months, rather than 6 - but I remembered to pull the sweater out just in the nick of time before Sprout outgrew it. Instead of working the sleeves flat and then sewing them onto the body, I picked up stitches around the edge of the armscye and worked short rows to shape the sleeve cap before knitting the sleeves top-down. This let me eek out every last inch of yarn for roughly bracelet-length sleeves.


Where would we be without an FO shot involving Sprout eating grass?

Just because I haven't been cranking out new baby knits doesn't mean the little one is deprived of a lovely set of sweaters to wear. Remember this one?


Tadpole's Purple Sweater has been a big hit with Sprout, too.


I pulled out another old favorite last weekend. It never ceases to amaze me how much Sprout looks like her sister did at this age.


Sprout isn't the only one with a new sweater this fall - I finished one for myself, too! And by the time I get back to posting about the sweater, I may have even finished my new mittens.


Did I mention that they're lined with cashmere? I can't wait either.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Such lovely handknits on such beautiful children! The new cardigan is divine. I have been knitting with Madelinetosh a good deal lately, but haven't tried Pashmina yet. I'll have to test it out!

The mittens look very cozy, and I'm looking forward to seeing your sweater. I have a huge pile of holiday knits to block, and also have a long to-knit list still.

Jennifer said...

Rue - such a beautiful family and so adorable in their hand knits. Nicely done. Enjoy those little kiddos. :D