Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Days 4 and 5

Where was I? At the end of the day on Monday I had this.


Last night I plied the two bobbins together and this morning I wound the finished product onto the niddy-noddy.


All 370 yards worth. My handy little spinning app says that the finished yarn is about 18 wpi (before washing).


Skeined up for a quick photo shoot before taking a nice bath.


This one gets the Tadpole seal of approval, too.


So what spinning did I do today? A bit of Cormo.


I'm glad I eased into the fine wools with the Polwarth since this is a bit tricky to spin. I'm planning to navajo ply this one and then knit it into another Baby Aviatrix (rav link) since I'm pretty sure Tadpole will have outgrown her first one by the time it gets cold again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are on a roll! It is so lovely! That spinning app sounds darn handy too.

SDQuilter said...

Beautiful!! How long have you been spinning?

elizabeth said...

That is your color! I can't wait to see the cormo spun up!

Jacey said...

Ooh! I can't tell you how much I love plied handspun. It's so pretty! Hopefully, someday, I can do that! In the meantime, I'll enjoy your progress and dream. :)

Jodi said...

You're making fantastic progress! The Tadpole most definitely approves. :-)